Jason Romano is the host and producer of the Sports Spectrum podcast where he interviews athletes, coaches, and other personalities on the intersection of sports and faith. He is also a speaker, author, media consultant and church leader with 20 years of professional broadcasting experience on the regional and network level. For 17 years, Jason was a Senior Manager and Producer at ESPN. He has created and produced content for shows such as SportsCenter, Monday Night Football, Mike and Mike in the Morning, Sunday NFL Countdown, College Gameday, MLB’s All Star Game. During his time at ESPN, Jason produced content for ESPN Radio, helped lead and grow the talent booking department, building relationships with the biggest names in sports as well as creating and managing the NFL on ESPN’s social media channels, growing them to over 6 million followers on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Jason has spoken to thousands of people at conferences, colleges, companies and churches. He’s a big advocate of social media, having built up large followings both for ESPN’s social feeds as well as his own personal brand. Jason’s first book, “Live to Forgive” was published in January of 2018.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- The amazing guests that he has had on his Sports Spectrum podcast
- Why it is so hard to forgive others and why we need to forgive
- Who is on Jason’s bucket list for future podcast guests
- His experiences and 17 years at ESPN
Books, Resources, and Links Mentioned in the Podcast
Jason's Books: www.jasonromano.com/book
Jason’s Website: www.jasonromano.com
Jason’s Twitter: @JasonRomano
Jason’s Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/jasonespn
Jason’s Email: JasonRomano22@gmail.com
Jason’s Facebook: www.facebook.com/jasonromano22
Sports Spectrum Twitter: @Sports_Spectrum
Sports Spectrum Website: www.SportsSpectrum.com
Article about Jason leaving ESPN: http://www.faithwire.com/2017/02/10/espn-producer-and-media-expert-quits-to-pursue-entirely-new-calling-ive-felt-god-nudging-me/
Click here to listen to Sports Spectrum Podcast.
Sports Spectrum Podcasts Mentioned…
- Louie Giglio, pastor and author
- Katie Lentz, administrator for MLB’s Baseball Assistance Team
- James Brown, CBS Sports
- Ted Dibiase, The Million Dollar Man – WWE Hall of Famer
- Brock Huard, ESPN Analyst and former NFL Quarterback
Jason’s Podcast Recommendations …
Jason’s Book Recommendations …
- The Carpenter: A Story About the Greatest Success Strategies of All by Jon Gordon
- Lead…For God’s Sake: A Parable for Finding the Heart of Leadership by Todd Gongwer
- Tools of the Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferris
Order Jason’s Books
Order Jason’s books at www.jasonromano.com/book
This Episode is Sponsored By "The Bus Trip"
If you like to read or you have a special athlete or coach in your life, then you’ll want to check out The Bus Trip. This modern-day sports leadership fable might be a work of fiction, but the issues and solutions provided are very real and can help teams develop a winning culture. The Bus Trip helps athletes learn how to be better teammates and more positive leaders. Please visit TheBusTripBook.com for more information, chapter discussion guides, and team discounts.
Rate & Review
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a quick review on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are the lifeblood of a podcast. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others.